Monday, July 12, 2010

Indonesia

Our welcome to the Mojoworno project! Very emotional day!
Tiya, who loves dolls, with her mum and her little sister. She has a 37 year old sister, 26 year old brother and another teen sister as well! Mum looks so young! Tiya's family were very poor

Typical street thoughout the poor areas in Jarkarta, dirty smelly water running on or beside the path.

Tiya's Father and her family. He gets the occasional job as a handyman.




I had a wonderful time in Indonesia. We flew into Jarkarta, spent 3 days and flew onto Sarabya and drove 4 hours to Kidari and we then drove 1 and half hours each way to Mojowarno for 5 days. Mojo is where our church project and sponsor children are, and we were able to meet our child as well as put on a fun day for the children. I did face painting, which was very popular, so with 32 degree heat and crowded by 200 children was hot, but soooooo cool, I was in my element! After doing the chicken dance and playing soccer for 2 hours I was well due for a shower! I loved every second of my trip and was a wonderful experience to visit Tiya our sponsor child, in her home. Thanks to you all for your prayers and support over this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment